Out of ground effect (OGE) hover charts are based on zero wind conditions. What happens if you are near OGE limits with a tailwind? See NTSB report here.
- What are the effects of nearing or exceeding weight and balance limitations?
- What can you expect if your CG is too far aft or fore?
- What about being above maximum gross weight?
- How can you reduce or mitigate these problems?
- How does CG change in flight?
Watch the following video to learn how to manage weight and balance, with an emphasis on the Robinson R22 Helicopter.
Calculation Method, Table Method or Graph Method? How do you determine weight and balance? The following video walks you through each, with an emphasis on the Robinson R22 Helicopter and preparation for the Private Pilot Rotorcraft Helicopter Knowledge Test:
Do you know the difference between Basic Empty Weight and Standard Empty Weight? Do you know what Datum, Arm and Moment mean? Learn more by watching this video on Helicopter Weight and Balance Definitions